Posted: 27th March
Arts Centre at York St. Johns University
RLF has been appointed Cost Manager and Project Manager for the York St. Johns University design and performance centre. The centre will create an aspirational focal point for the university, the design aims to provide a 200-seat auditorium and flexible teaching space that can adapt to various students’ needs and the evolution of art, design and media production courses.
Modelled on New York City’s Lincoln Centre, the new auditorium will be flanked by a large window facing onto York Minster, offering a unique portal to the performances within, and spectacular views of the cathedral outside. The new hall will support a broad range of performances, including multi-disciplinary and technology-driven creative collaborations.
With the plans still to be finalised, Tate Harmer’s proposal would deliver 3,000 m² of flexible teaching space as well as allowing for the potential expansion of an additional 1,500 m².
Click here to read more.
Architect / Designer: Rory Harmer
- Architects: Tate Harmer
- Cost Managers & Project Managers: Robinson Low Francis
- M&E engineer: Atelier Ten
- Structural engineer: Atelier One
- Acoustic & Theatre consultant: Sound Space Vision
- Access consultant: Sensory Trust
- Landscape architect: Colour
- Planning consultant: McKenzie Town Planning
- Contractor: TBC
- Client: York St. John University